Monday, October 20, 2008

Update....

Hello. I have the great privilege of sending the latest on our tour in Czech Republic. Let me start off by saying thank you to all those who have been praying for us. We see your prayers being answered every day as God has been doing miraculous things in our lives and in the lives of many Eastern European teenagers. We couldn't do this without you.

Real quick, I thought I would share a quick story with you. To preface my story, I must remind you that we are ministering in a predominantly atheistic country that has continually been betrayed by their closest allied countries and taken advantage of for centuries. Needless to say, because of their dark history, it takes time to build relationships with many Czech people. Many conversations seem to be one sided when I introduce myself to a Czech but often turn into deep, meaningful dialogues as my patience is stretched and I spend time with them. I have found the Czech people to be a very meek and humble people. With the understanding, that they are often skeptical and intorverted, you might imagine the joy I felt when a teacher blatantly asked that I talk about God and my religious beliefs in a class meeting the other day. With hesitation, from the shock I had just experienced, I began to share my testimony with 15 to 20 Czech students. I challenged them to look beyond the walls of their households and what they see on T.V. and open their hearts to a heavenly father that sent his own son to die in their place. I spoke of sin and how it separates us from God while explaining that Christ could end that separation if we just believed in Him. Before I knew it, I had shared the core of the gospel message and had kids jumping at the chance to hear more. I was blown away at what God had done in that moment and couldn't believe how open most of the kids were to something they hadn't, really, ever heard before. After class, the teacher thanked me for being so open with her students said she hoped that we might be able to come visit their school again and speak to more of the students about our lives. I new in that moment I realized I had experienced something extraordinary.

After leaving the students I had met with I bumped into Jon and Nick who were talking about how a very similar thing happened in their classes and then bumped into our friend Scott who said he had experienced the same thing. It was unbelievable! I was in awe of what God was doing through this small group of musicians from the U.S.

I must say, I couldn't imagine things going any better than they have been. Every single member of this group (dizmas) is doing an amazing job. I am extremely blessed to have such great friends and I am excited to see what else God will do in the weeks to come.

We miss you all!

zach

8 comments:

Shay Thomason said...

Thanks for sharing Zach. It sounds like the Lord is doing incredible things in the Czech.

Renelle Davis said...

What an amazing moment to be a part of!!! I'm so proud of all of you...that you are willing to share God's Word with people you don't even know in a country like the Czech. What an encouragement you ALL are to your friends and family! Keep talking and we'll keep praying!! Miss you guys too!

Unknown said...

What an amazing story Zach! I am so happy to hear of all the amazing things God is doing through you guys! I am praying for you.

candy said...

It's so awesome to hear your stories. It's always amazing to see how God opens the door to share His truth. Thanks for sharing. I'll continue to pray for you guys, and can't wait to hear what other stories that unfold in the next few weeks for you.

Jakub said...

Hi Dizmas

here is the link of the web-gallery with photos from your time in Havirov - (you can find concert, workshops, open jam etc. there)

http://dizmasfactor1.unas.cz/

May God give you strenght in upcoming days

mskitty said...

This is soooo awesome to hear !!

WOO HOO !!!!

Dizmas = Missionaries

We love you !! me & v

Unknown said...

It is great to see people that will step out in faith like you all, and what an encouragement it is to us! Thank for sharing how God is working. We miss you all too, and can't wait to see you all when you get back and hear all the stories of how you were amazed by God and how He used you all!
P.S. My belly's growing a lot! :)

crazysheep said...

I didn´t know you till I´ve seen you in Czech republic. You are awesome! Zach, you have got a good czech accent xD. I wish good luck for the future. come again sometimes :))

Student of Masarykovo gymnázium Vsetín ;)