Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Day Fast food Came to My Rescue...

So we are coming up on our month anniversary of being in Europe! With this realization comes an excitement but also a homesickness. In my devotions every morning I was praying that God would take away these thoughts, allowing me to focus 100% on ministering where He has placed me. This relief came in a way i did not expect.

I have never been more excited to see a Mcdonalds in my life! In the states I dont even like the sight of those golden arches, but here it feels like home. I don't know what that says about America, but i know what it means for me here. So, though i never thought i would say this, it now seems appropriate.

Thank you Lord for Mcdonalds. :)

Josh

4 comments:

Ng said...

That's Awesome. Did you find it tasted different there though? It was like that when I was in Thailand. It seemed to taste better and there was more pork and fish items. haha.

Unknown said...

Aw, Joshie, I'll buy you all the McDonalds you want when you come home=)

mskitty said...

Makes you realize the things we take for granted !!

We luvya !!!!!
k&v

Jessica Lynne said...

Aw...I'm praying for you guys! Every time I come on here and read your posts, it puts a huge smile on my face and I'm sure God has a huge smile on His face because of what you are doing in the Czech Republic. In terms of the fast food, I had a similar situation when I went on a mission's trip to Jamaica this past summer. On our last day there, it was our "free day" in which we all went to Ocho Rios to experience the open market. There was a Burger King there and even though we split up into different groups to go shopping, we all ended up at Burger King for lunch. It's something familiar in an unfamiliar setting, I guess.